Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a nice sweet potato casserole without being to sweet. No marshmallows.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or 4 medium yams, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender ( about 13-15 minutes). Drain.
- Place cooked and drained sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash. Add nuts, 4 tbsp butter, brown sugar, coconut, salt and milk and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Spread mashed bananas over top then top with rest of sweet potato mixture.
- Combine crushed corn flakes, 2 tablespoons butter and brown sugar. Sprinkle this on top of casserole mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.