Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A refreshing salad that is great for picnics, potlucks and even friendly gatherings. Allow 2-4 hours for salad to set in the fridge.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin (sugar free is fine too)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin with boiling water.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice and set pineapple to the side.
- Add enough water to the pineapple juice to equal 1 cup then stir this into the gelatin.
- Add orange juice concentrate to gelatin.
- Chill mixture until partially set.
- Fold in the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Pour into a 4 cup mold or pretty glass bowl.
- Chill until fully set before serving.
This is a brilliant recipe for a healthy, pretty summertime treat. I used sugar free jello. I unfortunately could not find crushed pineapple so I used chunks- crushed would mix in better and blend the flavours together more. Thanks for a wonderfully tasty treat!