Recipe by LAURIE
Living in the midwest, Midwest Living magazine is one of my favorites. This is from the June 2005 issue, courtsey of Lindsay Pint, New Prague, MN. I cant wait to try it, as it sounds heavenly and the pic....to die for! Times are estimates and include cooling.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix, not instant
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells, I bet graham cracker shell would be good too
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- toasted shaved coconut (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in blended berries and water.
- Cook and stir till bubbly.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package using 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Stir in drained pineapple.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Halve the remaining berries and arrange over filling in 2-3 rows around the outer edge or pie.
- Top pie with thickened strwaberry mixture.
- Loosely cover and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours until firm.
- Top each serving with whipped cream and coconut.