1/1 Photo of Tropical Spice Muffins
Absolutely delicious, moist & sweet. Packed with fiber and vitamins. Great for diabetics or those watching their fat and sugar intake. If you have trouble finding unsweetened dried mango, unsweetened coconut, ground flax seed, etc., check out natural foods stores such as Trader Joe's, co-ops, and ethnic grocers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 395.10 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 78.07 ml old fashioned oats
- 14.79 ml ground flax seeds
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 59.14 ml coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 59.14 ml dried mango, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 118.29 ml apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 236.59 ml canned crushed pineapple, drained, 2 T juice reserved
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats and ground flax seed with the crushed pineapple, reserved pineapple juice, apple juice concentrate, oil, carrots, coconut, and mango. Set aside for 10 minutes while you sift together the dry ingredients.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the pineapple mixture and stir together until the all the flour is just moistened. Do not over-mix. The batter with be thick.
- 4Distribute evenly among 10 of the muffin cups, filling to the top. Fill the 2 remaining empty cups with 1/4 cup of water each.
- 5Place on the middle rack of the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are light golden brown. Test for doneness with a knife or toothpick. Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove from tin and let cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Spice Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 310.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: