Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adopted recipe from the San Jose Mercury News, July, 2003. Enjoy!
- 2 limes, sliced thin
- 2 small carambolas, sliced thin, crosswise (star fruit)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne
- Reserve some for the lime and carambolas slices for garnish.
- In a large pitcher, stir together the white wine, the mango nectar, the mango and the remaining lime and carambola slices.
- The sangria can be prepared up to this point one day in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in the ginger ale, the champagne and ice cubes.
- Serve the sangria garnished with the reserved lime and carambola slices.