Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a recipe I made up myself. My whole family likes it. I have gotten dried pineapple at Sam's Club.
- 1 lb dried pineapple
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup almonds (whole or slivered)
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup no trans fat margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar (or less if you like)
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the popcorn on the stove or skillet. DO NOT air pop.
- Pour into a large bowl that you can seal and let the popcorn cool.
- Add pineapple, raisins, almonds, and sunflower seeds to popcorn. Stir thoroughly.
- While popcorn is cooling, melt butter and mix in brown sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Boil for 1 minute only.
- Remove from heat and add flax seed and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour over the popcorn mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix from the bottom up, like folding in ingredients. The seeds tend to fall to the bottom.
- Let dry and enjoy. Makes a big bowl.