Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is such a yummy smoothie recipe. Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa, created these. You can play around with different fruits but I really love the tropical spin on these smoothies. Note: When mangos and papayas are ripe, they will actually smell ripe and will be soft to the touch.
Top Review by FolkDiva
Wow!! This was my first attempt ever at making a smoothie.....and boy, was I impressed with my efforts! Made for me and my BF for breakfast this morning. Fast, easy, creamy, smooth, and wonderfully tropical! I cut the recipe in half, used vanilla yogurt and went just a little light on the amount of water added. Oh, and I ran out of milk....so used a blend of milk and half & half! (I don't think that hurt anything except my waistline!) Thanks so much for sharing this delightful breakfast treat!
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 cups ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup mango, 1 cup papaya, 1 banana, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup yogurt , 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 cup water and 2 cups ice in a blender and process until smooth.
- Make two more batches , or until all the ingredients are used.
- Serve and enjoy!