Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice little meal / entree I made to up to use some leftovers that came out really well. The quantities shown make a light meal with salad for two or entrees for four. I measured what I used but you can adjust to taste, for example I was using up the last rasher of bacon I had but two rashers would probably be even better ;-)
- 1 slice bacon
- 100 g silver beet
- 100 g pineapple chunks
- 4 rambutans
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 100 g phyllo pastry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cook bacon in pan / BBQ / microwave until reasonably crunchy, the crumble or cut it up.
- Finely chop the silverbeet (using top leafy half only).
- Finely chop the pineapple and rambutans, drain twice on paper towels so the pastry doesn't go soggy.
- Combine silverbeet, pineapple, rambutans and bacon in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll mixture into phyllo pastry to desired size and lightly brush / spray with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 190°C (375°F).
I made one big parcel to serve 2 for dinner. I did not know where to locate a rambutan but did use silver beet from my garden !! Very enjoyable.