Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I thought this sounded like an interesting salad for a hot summer day. I haven't made this salad yet but will be making it soon. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 lbs papayas, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and cut in half
- 6 sprigs Thai basil, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, garnish
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients (fish sauce - lime juice) in a jar, shake to combine. Set aside in refrigerator.
- In a large salad bowl combine salad ingredients (payaya - peanuts). Toss.
- Add vinaigrette and toss.
- Garnish with mint.
yum did this for zwt9 .I used medium shrimp and was great..I anded more cilantro as I love herbs lots of leftovers and I used red pepper flakes as that was what I had on hand..great recipe
This is soooo good! I just used regular basil and omitted the mint leaves, I used a large halapeno pepper in place of the red chili pepper and reduced the fish sauce to 1/3 cup, I also added in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the vinaigrette. thanks for a great recipe Ellie, my DH enjoyed this for lunch!...Kitten:)