Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. You can use red, green, yellow, and/or orange bell peppers for an even more colorful kabob. I'd serve this with rice. Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
- 12 pieces fresh pineapple (1-inch)
- 12 pieces red bell peppers (1-inch)
- 12 pieces sweet onions (1-inch)
- 1 cup Yoshida cracked pepper and garlic sauce
- 2 oranges, peeled and split into 12 wedges
- 24 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 white button mushroom caps
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Place ingredients on skewers in the following order:.
- shrimp, pepper, onion, shrimp, orange, pineapple, shrimp, pepper, onion, shrimp, orange, pineapple, mushroom cap.
- Place kabobs in a 9"X11" pan; pour 1/2 cup Mr.
- Yoshida's sauce over kabobs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning kabobs after first 15 minutes.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat until shrimp turns pink, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Baste kabobs with remaining 1/2 cup sauce while grilling.