Recipe by gailanng
A refreshing take on an old kid pleaser, except adults may love this version, too. Allow time for making the Pomegranate-Pineapple Simple Syrup the day before use.
- 2 ounces pomegranate-pineapple simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- maraschino cherry
Pomegranate-Pineapple Simple Syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle pomegranate juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 ounces dried pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tall glass, stir together the syrup and juice. Fill the glass with ice, then top with soda and garnish with cherries.
- Pomegranate-Pineapple Simple Syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine pomegranate juice, sugar, cloves and dried pineapple. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer to an air-tight jar, cover and let sit overnight. Use a mesh strainer to strain syrup, discarding any solids. Return syrup to jar and refrigerate for up to 2 months. Makes about 4 cups.