Recipe by awalde
I found this tasty summer salad in "Brasilianish kochen" from Moema Parente Augel. Original titel: Salada de Alface Tropical. Adapted recipe for ZWT7
- 1 lettuce or 1 other green salad
- 2 cups pineapple, crunches (fresh is best)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced (if possible red onion)
- 1 lb tomatoes (cut into 1/2-inch cubes, or sliced or whole cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, green chopped or 1⁄2 cup celery, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, rough chopped (if possible fresh roated in the pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix at low speed until thoroughly blended.
- In a large, wide bowl, mix together salad greens, pineapple, onion, tomatoes and celery.
- Stir dressing well just before using, and spoon over salads.
- Top with peanuts and serve.
- Note: you can add to the salad cooked chicken cubes and serve with bread to make a whole meal.