Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
I've made this recipe using mango and tofu and absolutely loved it! I seasoned and baked the tofu myself rather than looking for packages of baked tofu but the prepackaged tofu would certainly save time. This salad would also be good using cooked chicken in place of the tofu. From Vegan Express by Nava Atlas.
- 1 large broccoli, crown cut into small florets
- 226.79 g package baked tofu or 226.79 g cooked chicken, diced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced or 566.99 g candiced pineapple, well drained
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise (may use vegan mayo)
- 78.07 ml mango chutney (or other fruit chutney)
- mixed baby greens, as needed
- mixed sprouts, as needed
- Steam broccoli until bright green and just tender crisp (about 3 minutes); transfer into colander and rinse with cold watCoer until broccoli no longer steaming.
- In a large bowl, combine drained broccoli with tofu (or chicken), mango, celery and walnuts.
- Combine the mayonnaise and chutney and stir until smooth; Pour over salad and toss gently.
- Divide greens onto individual plates, mound small amount of salad on each, top with sprouts.