Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I've made this recipe using mango and tofu and absolutely loved it! I seasoned and baked the tofu myself rather than looking for packages of baked tofu but the prepackaged tofu would certainly save time. This salad would also be good using cooked chicken in place of the tofu. From Vegan Express by Nava Atlas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large broccoli, crown cut into small florets
- 1 (8 ounce) package baked tofu or 8 ounces cooked chicken, diced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced or 1 (20 ounce) can diced pineapple, well drained
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (may use vegan mayo)
- 1/3 cup mango chutney (or other fruit chutney)
- mixed baby greens, as needed
- mixed sprouts, as needed
- 1Steam broccoli until bright green and just tender crisp (about 3 minutes); transfer into colander and rinse with cold watCoer until broccoli no longer steaming.
- 2In a large bowl, combine drained broccoli with tofu (or chicken), mango, celery and walnuts.
- 3Combine the mayonnaise and chutney and stir until smooth; Pour over salad and toss gently.
- 4Divide greens onto individual plates, mound small amount of salad on each, top with sprouts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Salad With Chutney Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 216.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: