Recipe by Marie
I have recently discovered many salads that are unique, both in ingredients and dressings. This is another that I just tried and it is so fabulous!
Top Review by Cook Amy
A definite keeper, I added a bit of honey to the dressing which was amazing to begin with and upped the quantities of all the good stuff (bacon, toasted coconut, and almonds...because who wouldn't want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup toasted flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp over medium high heat.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly.
- On a large platter, place Romaine lettuce, pinepple chunks and green onions.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
- Top with almonds, crumbled bacon and coconut and serve.