Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have recently discovered many salads that are unique, both in ingredients and dressings. This is another that I just tried and it is so fabulous!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup toasted flaked coconut
- Cook bacon until crisp over medium high heat.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly.
- On a large platter, place Romaine lettuce, pinepple chunks and green onions.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
- Top with almonds, crumbled bacon and coconut and serve.
A definite keeper, I added a bit of honey to the dressing which was amazing to begin with and upped the quantities of all the good stuff (bacon, toasted coconut, and almonds...because who wouldn't want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Wonderful salad that was perfect with T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniel's Grilled Salmon recipe#123298. The only changes I made in the salad was to add about a dozen raspberries and used raspberry vinegar (in place of the vinegar mentioned). We will be having this often. Thanks for sharing!