Recipe by Sesquipedalian Sapphist
Warm and fruity breakfast topped with a scoop of creamy Rice Dream Vanilla Frozen Dessert. A resounding hit with kids and deceptively nutritious!
- 1 cup whole grain quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 ripe banana, chunked
- 2 cups strawberries, whole
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, chunked
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy ice cream (optional) or 1 cup Rice Dream Vanilla Frozen Dessert (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until all of the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). You will know that the quinoa is done when all the grains have turned from white to transparent, and the spiral-like germ has separated.
- While Quinoa is simmering, in a separate sauce pan add rice milk, raw sugar, and fruit to cook over medium-low heat. When heated through, mash rice milk and fruit thoroughly.
- Add Quinoa to rice milk/fruit mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon into bowls and top each with a scoop of Vanilla Rice Dream if desired.
- Serve immediately.