Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe is a little bit different than the usual quick bread -- it's full of yummy ingredients. Walnuts or pecans can be added if desired.
Top Review by Starrynews
Thanks for a tasty recipe! The bread was nice and moist, and had a light flavor. I used a little less sugar and vegetable oil because I didn't have the full amounts on hand, and that seemed to work just fine.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup well drained mandarin orange
- 1⁄2 cup well drained pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup candied fruit or 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the flour, sugar, vegetable oil, milk eggs, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium until batter is smooth.
- Add mandarin oranges, pineapple, banana, coconut, vanilla and candied fruit or cherries and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 5x9 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.