Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A taste of the tropics that is great with coffee! The recipe comes from a junior league cookbook.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Beat egg in another bowl and add the oil, vanilla, banana and pineapple. Mix well. Add to dry ingredients until well moistened. Fold in dates and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inseted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- NOTE: May also be baked in a 9x9 square pan for 35-45 minutes.