Recipe by Lucky.Wife
I found a cookbook that my mother in law Helen had. It is Better Homes and Gardens: So Good with Fruit and the date on the book is 1967. So I will be posting a bunch of recipes from the book so I don't lose them.
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 (46 ounce) canred hawaiian fruit punch
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 cups cold water
- 3 1⁄2 cups chilled ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Stand watermelon on end; cut thin slice off bottom to make it level.
- Cut top third off melon.
- Using cup as a guide, trace scallops around top outside edge of melon.
- Carve scalloped edge following pattern.
- Scoop out fruit; serve later.
- Chill melon shell.
- Combine fruit punch, concentrates, and water.
- Pour over ice in melon bowl.
- Carefully pour ginger ale down side of melon, mix with up and down motion.
- Float orange and lime slices.