Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From Cooking Light's 1991 Annual Cookbook. Quite different from those already posted. There is a chill time to allow the gelatin to set a bit but I have no idea how long that takes and this recipe did not state a time, so I did not factor that into prep or cook time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 3⁄4 cups papaya nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 medium mango (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over papaya juice nectar in a medium saucepan, and let stand for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and cook papaya mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Remove mixture from heat and stir in lime rind. Chill mixture until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Add plain yogurt, pineapple and coconut extract, stirring well. Spoon ½ c pudding mixture in 6 individual dessert bowls; set aside.
- Peel and slice mango, brushing each slice with the lime juice. Arrange slices evenly over pudding mixture. Serve chilled.