From Cooking Light's 1991 Annual Cookbook. Quite different from those already posted. There is a chill time to allow the gelatin to set a bit but I have no idea how long that takes and this recipe did not state a time, so I did not factor that into prep or cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over papaya juice nectar in a medium saucepan, and let stand for 1 minute.
- 2Add sugar and cook papaya mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Remove mixture from heat and stir in lime rind. Chill mixture until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- 3Add plain yogurt, pineapple and coconut extract, stirring well. Spoon ½ c pudding mixture in 6 individual dessert bowls; set aside.
- 4Peel and slice mango, brushing each slice with the lime juice. Arrange slices evenly over pudding mixture. Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: