1/1 Photo of Tropical Pound Cake
1 hr 25 mins
A light, refreshing tasting pound cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (or to make it lighter 1 - 8 oz. container vanilla yogurt)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (canned)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Heat oven to 325.
- 2Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan. Lightly dust with flour.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until mixed well.
- 4Beat together butter and sugar in a second bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Mix together sour cream (or yogurt), pineapple, and lime rind in a small bowl.
- 7On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream (yogurt) mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- 8Add coconut and vanilla extracts.
- 9Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 11Bake in 325-degree oven for 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 12Transfer pan to wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- 15Whisk together lime juice and confectioner’s sugar in small bowl until good drizzling consistency.
- 16Drizzle over cake and garnish with desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g