Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A light, refreshing tasting pound cake!
Make and share this Tropical Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (or to make it lighter 1 - 8 oz. container vanilla yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple (canned)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- sweetened flaked coconut
- thin strips lime slices or grated lime rind
- Heat oven to 325.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan. Lightly dust with flour.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until mixed well.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a second bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together sour cream (or yogurt), pineapple, and lime rind in a small bowl.
- On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream (yogurt) mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Add coconut and vanilla extracts.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 325-degree oven for 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Whisk together lime juice and confectioner’s sugar in small bowl until good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cake and garnish with desired toppings.
Very nice and moist cake. I decreased the sugar to 1 1/2c and increased the lime to 2t. I also added 1/2c of shredded coconut. I didn't make the glaze and it was still lovely