Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced mangoes, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 3⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, flaked
- Add mangoes to food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour 2 cups mango puree into a large shallow dish or heavy zip-lock plastic bag; chill remaining puree.
- Add onion and the next 5 ingredients to dish or bag; stirring well; add roast, turning to coat.
- Cover or seal, marinate in refrigerator 6-8 hours, turning roast occasionally.
- Remove roast, reserving ½ cup marinade.
- Place roast on a rack in a lightly greased boiler pan; pour reserved ½ cup marinade over roast.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 ½ hours or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 160°.
- Broil 5 ½ inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove roast to serving platter and keep warm; reserve ¼ cup drippings in broiler pan.
- Add remaining mango puree to reserved pan drippings; cook over medium heat until sauce is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle coconut over roast; serve with sauce.