Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A favorite of my kids.
Make and share this Tropical Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- hot cooked rice
- In a medium size pot, add the first 8 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat, for about 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chops, onion, and garlic in oil until the chops are browned.
- Add water and reserved sauce.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, adding more water if needed.
- Stir in pineapple and heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Crazy good delicious. Sweet, but not "too", and perfectly spicy. Followed this exactly, but I've got to say - I thought the nutritional facts looked suspect (i.e., 98 calories per serving?) I decided to feed the exact ingredients into food.com in a separate window ("submit a recipe") to see what I would get. It computed 416 calories per serving! That didn't sound right, either, given that a small boneless pork loin chop is about 191 calories. (I wouldn't be fussing about the calories but I'm trying to shed a few pounds before going to sunny Florida in February and I'm hyper.) I guess, as made, these chops come out to be about 250 calories a serving? Oh who cares anyway - they're delicious! And I do mean delicious! Thanks for a Certain Keeper.
I would actually give this recipe a 3 1/2. I followed the recipe exactly and the sauce did thicken but not by much. I used centre cut bonless chops and crushed pinneapple. It was very delicious and I would definately make it again, but it seemed to be missing something important.......
These were pretty darn good! I fixed them for dinner last nite and everyone enjoyed them. I had center cut bone-in chops and they were fall off the bone tender. Thanks for posting. This one goes into my regular monthly rotation.