Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is somewhat healthy and totally different from the snack mixes you are used to. It has dried fruit and popcorn, giving you some fiber and fruit.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn, popped
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup dried banana pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- First pop the 1/2 cup unpopped corn kernels, then set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, put the butter, corn syrup, cream of coconut, and brown sugar. Boil over moderate heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Combine the popcorn, coconut, dates, dried pineapples and dried banana chips in a large plastic bowl sprayed with non-stick spray. (That works best-the plastic bowl, as the syrup will not stick to the sides if you spray it first, making it easier to combine the ingredients.).
- Stir to mix and pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.