Recipe by canarygirl
An unlikely combination of ingredients makes for a fabulous pizza! I tried this at an Italian restaurant while in Spain, and I am hooked!
- 1 pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup tomato based pizza sauce (tomato sauce with garlic, basil, and oregano--to make it easier, buy ready made)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple chunks (quite small)
- 1⁄2 small banana, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon coconut (unsweetened, grated)
- 1⁄4 cup peeled deveined shrimp, size 31/40 (about 6-8 shrimps)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425º.
- Spread tomato sauce over pizza crust and top with pineapple, banana, shrimp and cheese.
- Sprinkle coconut over cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serve hot--and if you're feeling adventurous, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.