Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Caribbean inspired fruit salad from British tv chef Gary Rhodes. Cooking time is actually the chilling time.
- Halve the pineapple, cut away and discard the core, and scoop out the pineapple flesh. Reserve the shell.
- Roughly chop the flesh and toss with enough honey to sweeten.
- Halve the passion fruit, spoon out the pulp, and combine with the pineapple.
- Stir in the rum and chill for 30 minutes so the flavors marry.
- Spoon the fruit back into the shell and serve.
Delicious fruit salad which we enjoyed with grilled salmon. I didn't have any passion fruit so used cantaloupe -- can't wait to try this again with other tropical fruits -- can see passion fruit, mangoes, bananas with the pineapple. I skipped the rum but will try this with rum next time. Thanks for sharing this keeper! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.
This was made as a gift for a neighbor couple (my other half & I only use alcohol when we're actually cooking)! I'm always happy to make my neighbors happy, & from their comments, THIS IS SOOO GREAT, enjoying, as they did, the combo of pineapple & passion fruit! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my VEGAN partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 7]