Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delectable tropical fruit salad that is very light and refreshing!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pineapple chunks (save juice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 3 kiwi fruits, diced
- 2 oranges, peeled & cut into pieces
- shredded coconut (to garnish)
- Stir juice from 2 cans pineapple together in saucepan with honey, lime juice, coconut milk and corn starch. Bring to simmering and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in orange rind and cool.
- In large bowl, toss pineapple chunks, bananas, kiwis, and oranges together. Stir in cooled sauce. Put in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with shredded coconut for a garnish on top.
Enjoyed the combo of fruits in this salad, & except for using a very rounded measure of orange zest, the list of ingredients was strictly followed, right down to the optional coconut! Very easy to make, & very satisfying! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]