Recipe by cookingpompom
So easy, so fast, so good!
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Wow. We all loved this. It's not too sweet, just fluffy and good. For you American's out there - 350 degrees, 1 stick of melted butter, 8x11 pan, and I would recommend tidbits vs chunks (I'm sure they weren't around when recipe was written and probably not in Australia). I looked at the batter and went "no way this will fit in a 13x9x2 pan", so I put it in a smaller casserole dish. Mistake, I should have used my 8x12 meatloaf pan, or even the 13x9x2. I'll try those pans next time and let you know. The batter has a light sweetness and the cake is light and fluffy. Leftovers are great for breakfast with a cup of tea. I'll definitely be making again. VERY quick and easy to put together. One note - let it cool. I burned my tongue on the pineapple.
Thanks Cookingpompom! Made for Spring PAC 2011
- 1 (425 g) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 100 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a 20x30cm slab tin.
- Combine all ingredients except pineapple into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add well drained pineapple (very important) and stir through.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve or a simple lemon icing.