Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
So easy, so fast, so good!
- 1 (425 g) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 100 g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a 20x30cm slab tin.
- Combine all ingredients except pineapple into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add well drained pineapple (very important) and stir through.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve or a simple lemon icing.
Wow. We all loved this. It's not too sweet, just fluffy and good. For you American's out there - 350 degrees, 1 stick of melted butter, 8x11 pan, and I would recommend tidbits vs chunks (I'm sure they weren't around when recipe was written and probably not in Australia). I looked at the batter and went "no way this will fit in a 13x9x2 pan", so I put it in a smaller casserole dish. Mistake, I should have used my 8x12 meatloaf pan, or even the 13x9x2. I'll try those pans next time and let you know. The batter has a light sweetness and the cake is light and fluffy. Leftovers are great for breakfast with a cup of tea. I'll definitely be making again. VERY quick and easy to put together. One note - let it cool. I burned my tongue on the pineapple.
Thanks Cookingpompom! Made for Spring PAC 2011