Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 7 cups sliced peeled rome apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄3 cup diced dried tropical fruit (such as Mariani)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Add nuts; toss well.
- Combine the apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.