Recipe by Bev
Nothing can whisk me away faster to a tropical isle than the combination of pineapple and coconut. One sip and I am transported to turquoise seas and cloudless aqua skies, lying on a hammock under shady palm trees with just a hint of a tropical breeze. This wonderful cocktail recipe originally came from bon appetit. Containing a few changes to make it a bit easier, I have eliminated 2 coconuts and making simple syrup. Coconut water is easy to find in your grocery store. The blue agave nectar is used in exact amounts to sub for the simple syrup. I hope you will enjoy this cocktail. Cheers
- 1⁄4 cup blue agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1⁄4 cup golden rum
- 1⁄2 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- ice cube
- 2 lime slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cocktail shaker mix agave nectar, coconut milk, light rum, gold rum, lime juice, pineapple juice and coconut water; fill with ice and shake vigorously 20 times.
- Do not stain; pour into 2 ice filled glasses.
- Garnish with lime slice and maraschino cherry.