Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love this with some nice big prawns. It is one of those recipes that you can substitute any fruit you wish.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 ripe mangoes or 2 nectarines or 2 peaches
- 4 cups lettuce greens, approx
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons no flavour cooking oil
- 1 chili, finely sliced
- Pit, peel and slice the avocados, squeeze on a little lemon or lime.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh from the pits in large sections and slice thinly.
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruit.
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and chop finely.
- Combine the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl put in all ingredients, pour over dressing, toss well.
- Place on serving platter or dinner plates.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately.
Wonderful salad - perfect for summer! I made a few minor changes based on what I had on hand by using only 1 avocado and three tomatoes. I also skipped the nuts and chili. Delicious and perfect with fish! Thanks for sharing!
This was great! Especially the dressing!