Prep 10 mins
Cook 47 mins
Lie back and dream of the tropics with the fantastic flavours of pineapple and coconut.
Make and share this Tropical Paradise Bars recipe from Food.com.
- For crust: Chop 1/4 cup (50 mL) nuts.
- Mix with flour, margarine and brown sugar.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° F (180° C) oven 12 minutes.
- For Filling: Drain pineapple well.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and drained pineapple.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Top with remaining walnuts and coconut.
- Bake about 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
This is truly "paradise". I loved the combination of pineapple and coconut and it was easy to make. Thank you for sharing this. I have printed it out and is now in my "Keeper" Notebook. :-)
Extremely tasty bar! I used butter instead of margerine and I made the crust in the food processor. We enjoyed this bar's tropical flavors and that it wasn't overly sweet. I'm submitting a photo in gratitude of such a tasty bar. Thanks again dale!
Delicious, and smells wonderful, if I thought of it earlier I would have added some macadamia nuts, like 'after' the fact read that someone already did! Thanks dale!