Lie back and dream of the tropics with the fantastic flavours of pineapple and coconut.
Make and share this Tropical Paradise Bars recipe from Food.com.
- For crust: Chop 1/4 cup (50 mL) nuts.
- Mix with flour, margarine and brown sugar.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° F (180° C) oven 12 minutes.
- For Filling: Drain pineapple well.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and drained pineapple.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Top with remaining walnuts and coconut.
- Bake about 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
This is truly "paradise". I loved the combination of pineapple and coconut and it was easy to make. Thank you for sharing this. I have printed it out and is now in my "Keeper" Notebook. :-)
Extremely tasty bar! I used butter instead of margerine and I made the crust in the food processor. We enjoyed this bar's tropical flavors and that it wasn't overly sweet. I'm submitting a photo in gratitude of such a tasty bar. Thanks again dale!
Delicious, and smells wonderful, if I thought of it earlier I would have added some macadamia nuts, like 'after' the fact read that someone already did! Thanks dale!