Recipe by *Pixie*
Cool, creamy and deliciously tropical dessert with lots of fruit. No cooking required, time for chilling included in prep time.
Top Review by applee
This is absolutely a great recipe, and is very refreshing. Followed the recipe, but added more fruit (depends on the size of the bowl). I also thought that it would be great if I soaked the sponge cake in some rum or even triple sec to give it added flavor. Delicious and everyone loved it!
- 135 g sponge cakes (or 6 sponge cake cups)
- 1 fresh ripe mango, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 (19 ounce) canprepared lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup flaked coconut (divided)
- 2 fresh kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 (102 g) package vanilla instant pudding mix (I use Jello, type that serves 4 and does not require cooking)
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Rip up sponge cake into small pieces and place in the bottom of a large glass salad bowl.
- Top the sponge cake with the chopped mango.
- Spread the lemon pie filling evenly over the mango.
- Sprinkle the pie filling evenly with 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spread the kiwi evenly over the top of the coconut.
- Top with an even layer of the mandarin oranges.
- Spread the pineapple tidbits evenly over the mandarin oranges.
- Mix the instant vanilla pie filling according to package directions, which for Jello, means adding two cups of milk and mixing until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut to the vanilla pudding (while still liquid) and stir well.
- Pour over pineapple and spread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve spread cool whip over the top, swirling it to make an attractive pattern.