Refreshing, sweet, tropical fruit with the hot bean paste, red chiles and spices.
Make and share this Tropical Papaya Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon hot bean paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups peeled and julienned papayas
- 1 hot red chili pepper, seeded, veined, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl combine lime juice, bean paste, sugar, onion, ginger, garlic and salt; mix well. Add papaya, chile pepper, cilantro, toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.