Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Add some cottage cheese on the side and you've got a complete, balanced breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup oats, soaked overnight in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Soak oats overnight.
- In a pan, heat evaporated milk for 1 minute.
- Add oats, banana, coconut shreds, cinnamon, and optional salt.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Have a great morning!
What a great and filling oatmeal! I used regular lowfat milk instead of evaporated, otherwise made as directed. The cinnamon was a nice touch and the banana made this just sweet enough. Thanks for posting this hearty breakfast recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010