Prep 4 mins
Cook 2 mins
I love oatmeal and came up with this recipe to use up leftover crushed pineapple. I don't always add the banana because I like the punchier flavor without it. However, to make it truly "tropical" you'll want to add it :)
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (I use the kind with calcium added)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1⁄2 small banana, cut into chunks
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- Combine oats, orange juice, milk, banana, cranberries, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook at high power for 1 minute, stir.
- Cook for another minute at high power, stir again.
- Add the crushed pineapple, stir, and enjoy.
Yummo, I had some leftover pineapple to use so made this up for little miss DD & myself. A great dish that filled us both up. Little Miss asked if we could have it again so a winner in my book. Thanks for posting!
A great change from the day to day oatmeal breakfast! Used your recipe but made mine on the stove top (personal preference). Loved this with all the fruit and fresh flavors! Thanks for posting! Pac-Fall07