Recipe by Chilicat
Pineapple, banana and macadamia nuts combine to make a very tropical loaf. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
We enjoyed this recipe ~ the flavor took us right back to Hawaii :) The bread was easy to put together (I made as posted). Thank you for posting and giving us that Hawaiian flavor! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, including liquid
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine pineapple, including liquid, bananas and orange juice.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour alternately with pineapple mixture, mixing only enough to moisten flour. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until done.