Recipe by Mary Scheffert
I came up with this recipe when I was a little short on kumquat puree. Very good for breakfast!
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup kumquat puree
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare kumquat puree, wash fruits, cut in half& remove seeds.
- Place halved, de-seeded fruits in a blender or food processor; chop into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease two 8x4x2" loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl combine milk, eggs& oil.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add liquid mixture& stir until moistened.
- Fold in kumquat puree, pineapple, coconut& nuts.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes; cool& remove from pans.