Recipe by Dragoness
This recipe is very adaptable. You can make these muffins with what you have on hand and to fit any occasion. Great for using little bits of this and that.
Top Review by igolf
Very nice and adaptable. I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup all purpose flour. I cut down the granulated sugar to 1/2 cup but still added a little brown sugar... the result was plenty sweet. I added dried papaya, macadamias and also added a chopped banana (almost added coconut too). I also had to add a few TBSPs of milk to get the right consistency. 20 minutes was too much baking time... 17 - 18 minutes is plenty... or maybe baking at 350 would suffice. Overall, we enjoyed the result and I will make these again.
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar, less,to taste
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml dried fruit or 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml dried papayas or 236.59 ml dried mango or 236.59 ml dried pineapple or 236.59 ml currants
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts, your choice or 177.44 ml macadamia nuts (good with tropical fruits)
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.57 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugars, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Stir in fruit and nuts.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into 12 large muffin cups and bake in preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they test done.