Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Milk Website.
Make and share this Tropical Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 5⁄8 cup white flour
- 5⁄8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄16 cup baking powder
- 1⁄16 cup ground cinnamon
- 5⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄8 cup plain yogurt
- 5⁄8 cup grated carrots
- 5⁄8 cup diced apples
- 5⁄8 cup crushed pineapple
- 5⁄8 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄16 cup orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In a big bowl, combine dry ingredients, i.e. white flour and whole-wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and yogurt.
- In a third bowl, stir in carrots, apples, pineapple, coconut, orange zest and raisins.
- Pour both bowls of liquid ingredients into dry mixture and stir with spatula until smooth.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
These muffins have great flavor and texture. I forgot to add the carrots, but they were delicious anyway. I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain, which I liked. I was a bit concerned when I saw there was no egg, but it worked just fine without it. Thanks for posting!