Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Milk Website.
Make and share this Tropical Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 125 ml white flour
- 125 ml whole wheat flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2 ml ground cinnamon
- 125 ml sugar
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 30 ml plain yogurt
- 125 ml grated carrots
- 125 ml diced apples
- 125 ml crushed pineapple
- 125 ml unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 5 ml orange zest
- 45 ml raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In a big bowl, combine dry ingredients, i.e. white flour and whole-wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and yogurt.
- In a third bowl, stir in carrots, apples, pineapple, coconut, orange zest and raisins.
- Pour both bowls of liquid ingredients into dry mixture and stir with spatula until smooth.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
These muffins have great flavor and texture. I forgot to add the carrots, but they were delicious anyway. I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain, which I liked. I was a bit concerned when I saw there was no egg, but it worked just fine without it. Thanks for posting!