Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert! You can easily adjust the recipe to your preferences or to serve more people. Plus, it's really cheap to make, esp. if you buy the ingredients at a bulk foods store. (Cooking time is the soaking time.)
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 4 ounces diced pineapple in juice (I use the Dole single-serving packs)
- 1 small banana, very ripe
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- The night before, mix oatmeal, pineapple and juice in a bowl.
- Refridgerate overnight.
- When ready for breakfast, mash the banana and add to the bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Muesli is typically made with raw oats and very healthy. Well done. It was delicious.
This is very tasty. I used vanilla yogurt in place of plain. Since I don't like cold yogurt I warmed it up in the microwave then added the banana.
Looks good, but THIS IS NOT GLUTEN-FREE! Wheat-free and gluten-free are not the same thing. Oatmeal has gluten in it.