1 hr 20 mins
At less than 150 calories, this dessert will steal the show! Although perfect for hot weather, I often make this as a finale to a heavy meal in the winter months. When fresh mangoes aren't available, I use the jar variety found in the produce section with equal success. This is a winner with my "low-cal, low-fat, low-sugar" friends! Cook time is really freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor or blender, blend mangoes until smooth.
- 2Add water to equal 2 cups puree.
- 3Transfer to a medium sauce pan and bring to boil.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, stir together gelatin and sugar.
- 5Pour mango mixture over this and stir to dissolve.
- 6Stir in lemon juice.
- 7Cover and freeze for one hour or until mixture rounds up on a spoon.
- 8Remove from freezer and beat with electric mixer 3 minutes or until thick and light.
- 9Fold in whipped topping.
- 10Spoon or pipe into long stemmed dessert glasses.
- 11Garnish with option fruit.
- 12Chill until set.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g