Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect topping to coconut cream pie, or even lemon merangue. Covers 9 inch pie. You can substitute lime for the lemon zest.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut juice (optional)
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in other ingredients and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Serve on desired pie. Merangue can be burned with a culinary torch if you'd like.