Recipe by 2Bleu
Using fresh strawberries, and some yummy mango sherbet, Spring into summer with this wonderful and colorful frozen dessert. Be sure and add the tequila for the adult version. ;)
Top Review by weekend cooker
Since the kids wanted ice cream, this was a nice time to make this, for the DS, and I, and my neighbors. Definately enough for the 4 of us, the only difference is that I added a few extra strawberries I had on hand. The tequila gave this a nice touch. Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1 large graham cracker pie crust (9-inch deep dish)
- 1 pint mango sherbet, slightly softened (or sorbet)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (reserve 1-4 nice strawberries for decoration)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1 mango, sliced to make 8 strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon sorbet over crust, spread evenly with metal spatula. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree strawberries with sugar and margarita mix (and optional tequila). Pour into a large bowl and fold in whipped topping. Carefully pour into over sherbet.
- Place mango slices in a star pattern on top of strawberry mixture and gently press to make horizontally even. Place the remaining strawberry in the center. Freeze at least 4 hours until firm.
- PARFAIT VARIATION: Use graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers and place them amongst 8 freezer-proof margarita glasses. scoop in some sherbet, then the strawberry topping, Finally, garnish with a mango slice and 1/2 of a fresh strawberry. Freeze for 1 hour or till needed. (NOTE: be sure the glasses are safe for freezing).