Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There need to be more mango recipes! I love mango! I got this from cooks.com said to be submitted by cm..I modified it a little.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup white semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the mangoes and cut off the pulp around the seed. Put in a food processor and puree.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in baking soda, fruit puree and vanilla and molasses.
- Stir together the dry ingredients until well combined. Gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix coconut and Macadamia nuts. Stir into the cookie batter using a wooden spoon.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, flattening with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until done.
I made these with half the specified quantity of sugar, and they're sufficiently sweet for me. The ingredients sound interesting, but end result is a spongy cookie that is not particularly interesting. I won't make these again.