Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from sushiday.com
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice, seasoned
- 8 frozen tempura shrimp
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 6 stalks green onions
- Cook sushi rice.
- Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package. I used this tempura shrimp, but I’m sure other types, or even homemade tempura shrimp will work just fine. You can also fry the tempura shrimp if you choose, but baking it is healthier, and you can prepare other things (such as the sumeshi) while it’s baking.
- Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
- Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Slice the pineapple into 1 inch x 1 inch x 6 inch; pieces.
- Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard (or pickle) the white bulbs.
- Roll the sushi, using one green onion stalk, a piece of pineapple, and 2 ½ slices of tempura shrimp as your fillings.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, and ginger if desired. Enjoy!