Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something different to do w/the same old chicken
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 medium kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chooped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated w/cooking spray.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Serve w/chicken and salsa.
This was an interesting change of pace, but the salsa was WAY TOO HOT. Something in the neighborhood of 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper, maybe... 1 tsp is too much.