1/6 Photos of Tropical Lemon Squares
Addictively good lemon squares with a brown sugar-cashew crust and moist lemony coconut topping full of bits of yummy fruit. The lemon and fruit flavour develops as the squares are cooling so these squares are better after they are out of the oven for several hours. I have no idea how long these squares will keep because they are always gone within a day or so! Note: Golden raisins are a lot softer than other types of raisins and don't leave hard chewy bits in the squares, substituting other types of raisins in this recipe would likely not have the same outcome. Submitted for Ready Set Cook Winter 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix the flour and brown sugar until smooth and lump free, add the melted butter and chopped cashews and mix until well combined (should look like fine crumbs).
- 3Press mixture into a 9x13-inch pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the eggs and condensed milk (I use the same bowl) until smooth and well combined, then mix in the lemon juice until smooth and well integrated.
- 5Add the coconut, chopped raisins and chopped apricots and mix well.
- 6Spread the coconut mixture evenly over the partially baked crust and return to the oven for 30 minutes until a light golden in colour (note the coconut in these squares is supposed to be slightly moist rather than dry so the top may look very slightly moist at this point).
- 7Run a knife around the edge of the pan while still warm to prevent sides from sticking, wait until the squares are completely cool before cutting into 35.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g